View Single Post
Old Apr 2nd, 2024, 13:53   #7
Kev0607
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplyritz View Post
So this morning I noticed a rubbing sound from the front wheels in my 2017 Volvo V40 CC T5. After a quick check I could see nothing untoward. I drove to work listening to the sound which was in synch with the speed. Thinking it might be brake related I pressed the brake pedal a few times but the sounds did not dissipate. Using the roundabouts to turn the steering did not change the sound.

It was only when I got to work that I got the car jacked up and with the help of the colleague found the front drivers side spring had snapped , but in two different places. The first looked a lot older as there was surface rust on the fracture, but the new one was also digging into the tyre cutting a new groove into it, which was the rubbing sound!

Spoke to garage and they will replace the broken one, but wondering should they not replace both? Will also need a new front tyre as well
It makes sense to replace both, but all the same, its more costly to do so. Remember, you'll need an alignment afterwards.
The Following User Says Thank You to Kev0607 For This Useful Post: