View Single Post
Old Apr 1st, 2024, 12:00   #8
piorunz

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandys View Post
We experienced similar issues running the PZ4 NCS on the XC60 22s (265/35/22, so slightly narrower profile) it was getting costly, some of our fault, some just getting a bulge in sidewall for a bump in the road, seems its not a strong tyre, think the sidewall is soft to aid ride comfort.

It's possible another brand of tyre would have improved things I would have probably tried that before going with a non standard size

I decided to cut my losses and put some 20s on as I could not sustain the average of 1 tyre a month, of course not long after changing this missus managed to rip a chunk out of the 20s trying to get the Volvo around on old narrow car park ramp fortunately just the rim protector in the rubber but damn to be fair I feel it's tight in my little city car.

No issues since this change in size though, no bulges, no blowouts, just doing what a tyre should do.
That's the experience I want to hear. I am glad your costs have improved since changing to 20. I also run 20s (factory fitted) and that's the maximum I am willing to accept for 2 tonne car, for my next one, I will be looking for a smaller tyre, just for peace of mind, and extra smoothness in the ride on bumpy roads.