View Single Post
Old Mar 28th, 2024, 15:03   #19
Kev0607
Premier Member

Yes, I tried that today. The steering gets lighter roughly around 2,500 rpm, but like I said, its definitely lighter since the suspension work was done.

I know the pump is probably on its way out though, but I'm going to try a power steering fluid change anyway because its never had one since my Dad has owned it. I figure new fluid won't do any harm. I know it won't solve the problem, but at least its not going to be operating with dirty fluid.

Its just had a hefty suspension bill (control arms and rear trailing arm bushes, plus alignment). Not so long ago, it had a full set of shock absorbers including top mounts.

My Dad doesn't particularly want to spend big bucks replacing the pump at this stage in time. I know the pump will give in eventually, but for now, its okay. I think he plans to keep it for a while, but I don't think he'd be spending mega money on it going forward. There reaches a point when its not viable.

If you wouldn't mind sharing the video or text you did to this thread, it may help others in future.