View Single Post
Old Mar 27th, 2024, 20:12   #24
NeMiran

Quote:
Originally Posted by IainG View Post
Hi

I only replaced the terminal repairs. I did the 7 terminals in the CEM plugs and I also replaced the Accelerator plug and terminals.
I decided not to replace the white wire at the time. The terminals on either end of the white wire were replaced and I thought I would wait and see if all the codes cleared. They did.
My reasoning was that if a code did reappear it would be easy just to replace the white(Just run under the dash and cable tie up) wire just by soldering into the newly repaired terminal wires. If I replaced the white wire I have plenty of wire here. I would probably have used 1mm tri rated. It is only a signal wire so no current flowing. Any auto electrician or motor factors would have something suitable. Just take one of the new terminal wires in and get some matching wire or the next size up.
Thank you for the clarification. I will be a daredevil and ask for a quote on this at my Volvo dealership.
As I live in Croatia, good auto electricians are hard to find, waiting list is about 2-3 weeks and the charge is close to dealership, specially when it comes to something as fiddly as this.
NeMiran is offline   Reply With Quote