View Single Post
Old Mar 27th, 2024, 20:07   #23
IainG
Premier Member

Hi

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeMiran View Post
Hi Iain,

I am getting ready to tackle the same problem on my C30. Can you please confirm if it was necessary to replace the entire white wire for the pedal, or only doing the terminal repair set is enough?
If the entire white wire needs to be replaced in order to get a permanent fix, is there a Volvo part number for it or maybe you have some specs for that wire like diameter and resistance?

TIA
I only replaced the terminal repairs. I did the 7 terminals in the CEM plugs and I also replaced the Accelerator plug and terminals.
I decided not to replace the white wire at the time. The terminals on either end of the white wire were replaced and I thought I would wait and see if all the codes cleared. They did.
My reasoning was that if a code did reappear it would be easy just to replace the white(Just run under the dash and cable tie up) wire just by soldering into the newly repaired terminal wires. If I replaced the white wire I have plenty of wire here. I would probably have used 1mm tri rated. It is only a signal wire so no current flowing. Any auto electrician or motor factors would have something suitable. Just take one of the new terminal wires in and get some matching wire or the next size up.