View Single Post
Old Mar 26th, 2024, 19:36   #4
sk546
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoC View Post
Being new to this, a few questions:

1. Do I always charge the battery when I am parked at home to keep it topped up or do I let it run down to single figures?

2. Is there a quick way to swap from cruise to limiter? Going into the menu really is a faff.

3. What happens if I drive off without a key in the car - say I leave it in the front door?

4. If I use Hybrid Drive Mode as default and want to change to AWD for example do I need to stop the car?

I should have asked the dealer these questions but unfortunately found them pretty useless.
Some answers below from a T8 owner of over 4 years:

1. I always top mine up every night regardless of whether or not I have depleted the battery fully that day. As such, the car will always have its best range.

2. I have only ever used Cruise so cant assist.

3. The car probably wont allow you to start it unless it detects the key in the car in the first place and so this shouldn't be an issue.

4. You can swap between drive modes to your harts content while driving, it would be pretty rubbish if you have to stop the car every time the ICE needed to start as this can happed quite frequently in Hybrid mode alone.
AWD mode just keeps the ICE running permanently so you have front and rear axles powered (front axle is powered by the ICE and rear axle is electric). AWD mode also ensures the Stater/generator (powered from the ICE) is putting charge into the hybrid battery so the rear axle is powered even when the hybrid battery is depleted.

Like you say, unless the salesperson has owned or lived with a PHEV, they probably wont be able to answer your questions so ask away on here as there are plenty on here that have lived with theirs for year.

Previous - MY20 XC60 T8 Polestar Engineered - Onyx Black - Sensus
sk546 is offline   Reply With Quote