View Single Post
Old Mar 22nd, 2024, 13:09   #14
Franko1960

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marmaduke View Post
I'm going to have a prolonged fiddle today to see if I can get anything sorted.
I went on a forty minute drive yesterday and the sound was just as if I'd got the radio off and instead put a transistor radio in my driver side pocket - 100% biased to the right, no sound from anywhere on the left and no stereo picture whatsoever. Maybe the passenger side speaker is not working, dunno. I'll report back.
If I'd have known about this issue beforehand I most definitely would not have bought the car. How can all the blurb about B&W 'audiophile' level quality and ninetween speakers be squared with not being able to have a proper stereo picture?? And as someone who spends most of his time in a recording studio, who on earth needs nineteen speakers? The most highest-spec studios in the world only have sets of two (to check mixes in simulated different environments) L and R.

More later....
If the B&W sound system is as bad as everyone says it is, then I will cancel my lease car due next week.

As a side note, can you cancel a lease car before the 14 days cooling off period. Going to check my B&W system first, then hand back if unacceptable.