View Single Post
Old Mar 21st, 2024, 08:53   #34
Yelper85

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk546 View Post
Thats definitely a stain, no idea how the dealership can call it a wear mark.........
Some dealerships do seem to have issues taking liability for things they have done. My previous XC60 went into my local dealership (one I no longer use due to this incident) for a service and some warranty work for which we specifically told them 'No Wash' when we dropped it off.
Service done and what warranty work they could complete in the time was sorted I came to collect the car to find they had washed it. Due to it being a torrential downpour at the time I couldn't check out their handy work until later that evening when it was at home in the garage when I found they appeared to have cleaned the car with a brillo pad with scratches and swirl marks all over the car, a couple of pretty deep ones too almost fully through the paint.....
Called the dealership and told them I would be in the next day as I wasn't happy at all.

When the service manager looked at the car the next day, he basically said it couldn't have been his valeters as they would never have done such a thing but because we had said not to wash the car and they did wash the car, (and I quote here) 'we had them over a barrel'.
I clean my cars with great care, I have a grit mesh at the bottom of the bucket so nothing can get back on my lambs wool cleaning mitt, I jet wash all the large contaminants off first, snow foam and jet wash again before anything physically touches the paintwork and then finish off with a microfibre drying cloth so yes, I am very detailed in what I do. For the Service manager to basically turn around and say we had done the damage but because they had cleaned the car against our wishes so we were forcing them to rectify 'our' faults was rather disappointing to say the least.
The dealership did then send the car to a localish bodywork repair shop (over towards Kings Lynn) where they did a second rate machine polish and although they said they re-applied the ceramic coating I had on my paintwork, it was never the same afterwards so I don't believe they did.
I never went any further with any complaints as a few weeks later, we switched into our current XC60 but due to this, I no longer use my local dealership, I drive down to Ipswich (where we ordered and collected both of our XC60's) for all servicing and warranty stuff who are just a much nicer dealership to go to.

Keep at your dealership and hopefully they will finally fess up to causing the stain and if you get nowhere with the dealership, involve Volvo UK who may assist you.
Its frustrating when you drop off a well looked after car and collect something sub par after service or warranty work, it just leaves a bad taste.
It's totally disheartening and a complete let-down. This entire experience has just left me drained, fed-up, and bitter. Even with the dealership aside, the amount of issues with this car is just not acceptable.

I've started taking photos and videos of the car when I drop it off at the dealers and make sure I show the dealership in the video/photos as evidence as to the condition when I drop it off now. How they have the audacity to deny liability when it was completely fine then three weeks later when I pick the car up and find that is just beyond me.

Volvo HQ have already had an extremely detailed email and I'm just waiting for the reply, but now I have these additional items to make them aware of!

I guess you were lucky as you had leverage given you explicitly stated no wash, but I assume they tried to say ok, we washed it, but the damage was already there and so it's your word against ours even if we ignore the fact we didn't listen to your wishes?

You can guarantee they won't have ceramic coated it again, or at least not the decent stuff. Out of interest, I was looking at getting this for both this XC60 and my V60. Which brand did you go with in the end and who did the work? As an interim I use the Turtle Wax Ceramic wash and the difference is unbelievable, so to have a proper ceramic coating would be a dream.

20 plate XC60 Inscription Pro T8 PHEV + Polestar
Yelper85 is offline   Reply With Quote