View Single Post
Old Mar 18th, 2024, 10:18   #10
Lou1983

Default 4c delete

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob00158 View Post
A post for anyone left removing 4C and reverting to standard shock absorbers.

For late 2004 P2 platform cars onwards I can offer support in removing the 4C active chassis from your CEM. This removes the need to either simply ignore the DIM warning message or try fitting the electronics from the old shocks to trick the car into thinking it still has 4C fitted.

Monroe no longer manufacture the dampers for my car and Volvo are charging around £1400 for 4C rear shocks.
Given the rear of my car skipped and bounced across the road every time it hit a section of bad/failing road surface, I had to admit I wasn't prepared to pay that money for shocks and the car wasn't safe to drive as it was.
I am someone who loves to keep a car standard and original. I love everything to work as it did from the factory but in this case, I couldn't justify the expense on my daily driver.

If anyone is interested in how to go about this, please drop me a message.

Hi Rob,

I am new to this forum so can't contact you directly until I have 30 posts. I have a 2005 S80 D5 with 4C on. I've already changed the shocks as this would have been my third set of Monroe's, so I need the 4C deleting on the CEM. Could I bring the car to you sometime? I'm based in Coventry so not too far.

Please contact me if this would be convenient.

Cheers,

Lou
Lou1983 is offline   Reply With Quote