Thread: New S80 owner
View Single Post
Old Mar 10th, 2024, 12:04   #7
Seacombe2379
Old bricks must live

Sooo.....

Had the blower motor to change so the dpf issue went on the back burner but i later confirmed the issue and ill get to that after.

That blower motor couldnt be in the worst possible place if it tried i almost burned the car to the ground where it stood cause of the screws for the recurc damper but its done and working now.

If anyone ever has the displeasure of doing this brace yourself it gets emotional.

As for the fuel filter it was a genuine Volvo item in it but no date code on it so last change is unknown but its done ill see how it goes now the heater is working now.

Ive never really liked the Mann filters from back in the Supra days i had nowt but oil filter leaks from them so put a K&N one on and the leaks stopped never looked back and i honestly cant rate them high enough.

As for the Soot filter the fault was triggered by a dodgy repair on a sensor that has broken in the filter to the turbo pastic pipe i only changed it due to the dodgy bodge.

Just a few other jobs to do now power steering is a bit sh!t ie doesnt work very well gonna change the pump and fluid see what happens.

any insight to this issue would be greatly appreciated

O
Seacombe2379 is offline   Reply With Quote