View Single Post
Old Mar 5th, 2024, 14:14   #8
canitez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tannaton View Post
Erm... nothing to stop you but you are in this position because a previous owner did not do a proper repair job. If you do the same, you may end up with a complicated car to sell as the up/down mileage will get red flagged on any car checking service. And a at £400 for a replacement, used unit, it might be far cheaper just to get the mileage corrected.
Thank you for your valuable input. I am unaware of your location, but there's a process we call the vehicle check, known as MOT. The last official check was in October 2023, indicating a mileage of over 28k. This data is recorded in the system. However, around 46k, the speedometer encounters a fault, leading the owner to a non-dealer garage for a fix. It seems the intention is to avoid the hefty cost of replacing the part, opting for a used speedometer showing 80k.As of now, there's time for the MOT renewal in October 2024. If I can't correct it by then, the system will register whatever is displayed on the clock. There will be no turning back from that point. Changing it after October 2024 would likely be considered fraudulent. I am simply striving to ensure an accurate reading on the clock to maintain the car's value, which seems fair for me to pursue.
canitez is offline   Reply With Quote