View Single Post
Old Feb 15th, 2024, 17:04   #5
jpliddy
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volvo3000 View Post
I'd really appreciate some help on this because we recently had a lot of welding and some paint done to keep this car on the road.

It's a 1992 940 2 litre manual automatic estate. When the engine is started (after not being run for a number of days) the ABS warning light is on for about 5-10 minutes. If it has been started recently then it comes on for a shorter time. Does anyone have any idea what could be causing this?

I looked online and found it can be related to a differential sensor etc.
Over the last few months the speedometer was jumping occasionally and I have got a repaired one (the same thing happened on my other 1992 940). The supposedly repaired one when installed is showing 80mph when the car is stopped. The thing is, I had one repaired before for my other 940 (common on 1992 940) and it didn't work properly so had to send it back to be repaired again. So now I can't say if there's a fault with the speedometer as well or the repair place has done a bad job again.

What is giving doubts about it being a sensor is that it only comes on for a certain amount of time.

ah yes reading your comments it may be not the front sensors although i come across the front sensors failures here , its quite a simple check if your car has the 2 black boxes fault finders the sensors are on ebay less than £28 now mine been on 3 years and is fine don't waste money on expensive ones
jpliddy is offline   Reply With Quote