View Single Post
Old Feb 13th, 2024, 16:37   #58
ijkgenesis

Angry Latest update.. not good

Quote:
Originally Posted by ijkgenesis View Post
My Dealer has just responded with below... fear its true as similar to other posts, but as the car is now over £3k more I'll wait...

I have just checked the latest dates with Volvo Cars, it is saying May as the estimated delivery to us, I am really hopping this is NOT! The case and that your new Volvo XC60 will arrive before this, as for the APP saying the car is being prepare for Handover!! – I will wait to hear what Volvo Cars come back with, and I will call you with an update – Sorry Ian, this is really poor service from Volvo Cars (UK).

Dealer has just called, very apologetic (and as frustrated as me) Volvo just give him messages saying working to resolve the issue.. but no details of what the plan involves or timescales. he said my car is parked on a boat at Ghent, but its not moving.. (must be costing volvo a fortune..) as Bristol has no space. He said there are transport drivers twiddling their thumbs as waiting for work.. He also said its not due to EX30s getting priority as there is a huge stock in UK already (in a field) .

Update from Volvo UK: today..

Having taken a look at your vehicle - it was build in the end of January and it's currently on the way to the port of Shanghai - from there it will be shipped to Europe - ETA at the minute is end of April.

Why in December did my dealer advise the car was built and at the Belgium port awaiting shipment to Bristol and would hopefully arrive by early February. Also the status of the car on my order has regressed from 'production complete' to 'your car is on its way' . Has my original vehicle been swapped out ?

XC40 FE delivered April 2018
ijkgenesis is offline   Reply With Quote