View Single Post
Old Feb 12th, 2024, 22:19   #2
classicswede
Trader Volvo in my veins

Stage zero is first thing to do. Thats a full service including new injector seals and inlet manifold gasket

Head will be a 530

Cam either an A or V
There are no sensors to clean but you can clean the throttle butterfly and the flap in the metering unit.

No point in cleaning the manifold, the engine running right will keep it clean.

If you want to clean the injectors use a strong dose of fuel treatment like forte.

What can you do that will improve MPG and Power?

1) free flowing exhaust system. 2.25 inch gives the best balance. You could also go for a 4 branch manifold but not the best bang for buck

2) increase the CR. Raising the compression will both help low and mid power along with improved MPG

3) convert to the early flat flywheel or a lighter version of. Improved throttle response that will also give a small MPG gain

4) change ignition timing. By using a 240 internal shaft you can fit a 123 tune distributor. The other option is wasted spark but is more involved

5) porting. Done right will see improved power and consumption however most porting I see reduces power and makes consumption worse. Gasket matching and polishing are the two worst things you can do.

Cam changes will deliver more power but usually at a cost to MPG. If you have the V cam that is a pretty good balance. If A then switching to a V is what I would do
classicswede is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to classicswede For This Useful Post: