View Single Post
Old Jan 19th, 2024, 17:37   #182
Hix

Default Possibility of closing off the flaps and associated problems

I've got a woeful leak of nasty combustion crap from the area where the swirl flaps connect to the actuator arm.
I'm looking at either replacing the swirl flaps or just blanking it all off.
I'm aware of the recommendation to replace the fuel lines and the clamps for the injectors but given the age and value of the vehicle I'm inclined to try to bypass that. Merely replacing the copper injector seals of which I have 10 original Bosch jobbies.
My query is multiple fold...
Is it possible to block off the ports and not have it be an issue?
I'm wondering what happens with the EGR when it cannot send the crap it contains back into the inlet ports?
Given the cost of taking just the injectors off to even have a look at it I'm just letting it weep for now. Surely the leak is allowing intake pressure to escape and possibly allowing over boost?
I've looked at a replacement swirl flap from Performance Parts Sweden, but have seen mixed reviews of their offerings. Any advice there.
There is a part of me that wants the keep Ølof on the road and make him sing again, but given the fact I bought him 6 years ago for 1500 I'm not really inclined to keep pumping money into it only to see something catastrophic happen a few miles down the line.
Hix is offline   Reply With Quote