View Single Post
Old Jan 17th, 2024, 22:58   #15
Carlosos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danielpsmith View Post
I would say depends how much slip you’re getting they normally go up a 100 or so rpm when you accelerate but if it’s jumping more and doing it when holding the throttle it’s probably torque converter.

I say this as I’ve just had to have a new torque converter fitted to mine the lock up function had gone and the stator on the one way clutch had failed but the gears were smooth so but the bullet and it is like a different car now.

Unfortunately no amount of oil changes helped but definitely worth ago.
Thanks for that. I’m just not sure. I think it’s such an odd box anyway. It’s trying to do so many things at once. It’s messing about with torque lockup quite a lot as well as changing gears and dropping the revs to tickover off throttle.

I’ll do the oil changes when it turns up and drive it as is until it gets worse as it’s not a massive deal it just feels really strange but as I say it is a odd box anyway. Fingers crossed it’s just normal behaviour or slightly unhappy due to oil.

If it goes pop I’ll get it fixed as it’s the perfect car for us even before you take into account budget. We need 6 seats and I don’t want to drive a mpv and other 4 x 4’s with 7 seats are lots more.
Carlosos is offline   Reply With Quote