View Single Post
Old Jan 16th, 2024, 19:52   #6
IainG
Premier Member

Hi

Quote:
Have you done this repair? Meaning is the repair terminal PN 30656698 the right size? No offense - how did you know that PN 30656678 (Clan's suggestion) was the wrong size? Thanks in advance.
As explained earlier,
I originally ordered 7 x30656678 as per Clan's post.
They arrived and were noticeably different to the ones fitted to my car.
I explained to the supplier the problem. He ordered another set from the Volvo system just in case they were the wrong parts in the bin. The same terminals arrived and luckily I was able to return them and they refunded me for the parts. I did a bit more delving on here and kept getting told they were the correct ones. I contacted another dealer and they contacted Sweden who then gave me the number 30656698. I then ordered 7 of these on the provisor that if they didn't fit I could return them for a refund. They arrived and they did fit my car.
The photo shows the 30656678 with the red wire and the other is one of my terminal actually fitted to my car.

I then contacted the dealer again and they sent a technical request to Sweden.
The response from the dealer.

Quote:
Sweden Volvo are saying all the pins are the same across all 3 connectors, they are £3.55 + vat each, availability covers your needs they are available next day (would be Saturday now).
Photo of the bag the new pins (30656698) were in, that arrived and fitted my car (2005 V50)
Since fitting all my communication errors have reset and not come back (just over a year now)

On the parts list the dealer had he couldn't confirm which numbers were correct however when he contacted Sweden they supplied the correct number, which I then ordered. If you are worried or unsure ask the dealer to contact Sweden for the correct part number in case it is different for your car

Also a bit more history
https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=328267
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg IMG_8717.jpeg (57.3 KB, 35 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_9025.jpg (194.4 KB, 22 views)

Last edited by IainG; Jan 16th, 2024 at 20:07.
IainG is offline   Reply With Quote