View Single Post
Old Jan 14th, 2024, 20:40   #4
Forrest
VOC Member

Those mostly sound straightforward jobs. I can share a few thoughts based on my own experiences with a 1997 V90.

Are the PAS lines definitely leaking? I thought one of mine was but it was actually just the jubilee clip at the reservoir and the fluid was trickling down the outside of the hose quite some distance. A very easy fix.

There seems to be the usual choice of opening temperatures for the stat. I plumped for 87° in the form of a Wahler 4272.87D (271417).

Brake fluid change is really easy with a pressure bleeding kit. Maybe take the opportunity to grease the slide pins at the same time. I had a sticking calliper cylinder which made the job more of a nightmare.

Replacing door hinges is a two man job. It will very likely go wrong and cause damage if you try it single handedly.

There is a lot of information on the transmission out there and some simple fixes which sometimes work. Worth trying to pull the fault codes either using the A/B box under the bonnet or the OBD port by the driver’s seat depending on the age of your car.

Good luck getting back on the road.
Forrest is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Forrest For This Useful Post: