Thread: drivers wiper
View Single Post
Old Jan 12th, 2024, 08:34   #5
cogs

My first solution was to simply slip pieces of plastic between the spindle and the outer case which was a quick short term solution. Then I went for a more permanent method by stripping the mechanism from the car. Once the spindle was exposed I smiply found some suitable plastic cut it to a rough size to fit around the spindle. You need to cut the plastic in half so you're fitting around the spindle as exposed to slipping something over the top. I then glued the two halfs around the spinlde with Epoxy glue and rubbed it down to size with Emery/sand paper and refitted the lot. It worked fine and I only changed it as came across a car in the breakers yard.

I did consider building the spindle out using chem weld, I can't remember the correct name. Its a yellow tube or tube from halfords. I think this would work well, I've use this stuff on various jobs and it seems pretty robust stuff.

To be honest it is faster just to change the spindle if you can get another one, the passenger side spindles seem to wear less and are the same, just held to the mounting plate with a nut.
cogs is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to cogs For This Useful Post: