View Single Post
Old Jan 11th, 2024, 08:52   #12
MrM83

I was a victim of a botched software update at my cars last service, which Volvo claimed was due to the 12v battery charge being "too low". It was a real pain and caused a number of features not to work until the software update was correctly implemented, incidentally after I charged the 12v battery directly using my CTEK trickle charger.

My experience and Volvo's feedback seems inconsistent with the hybrid battery keeping the 12v battery topped up as I charge my car regularly and drive on electric as much as possible, but I, and Volvo, may be wrong.

But this is why I have an interest in maintaining the state of my 12v battery. Driving around with various features being defective is not ideal. My comment around explicitness is to do with detail in the manual. If anyone can point me to the online manual reference for a 2021 T8 with regards to trickle charging (and separately how to put the car in neutral if the battery is dead), I would be grateful.

Sure, the instructions are explicit when they exist. I havent managed to find them in the online manual for my year of manufacture, nor when I have had a cursory look for other years. I have searched and I would have hoped I could have found them, but having not, I created this thread.

As a result of comments in this thread I am left in absolute doubt as to what I should be doing. I would welcome someone to point me in the right direction should they be so inclined to look.

Last edited by MrM83; Jan 11th, 2024 at 09:17.
MrM83 is offline   Reply With Quote