View Single Post
Old Jan 6th, 2024, 15:55   #1
Oakman27

Angry 2023 S90 Ultimate T8 Range issue

Ok, so I purchased an S90 Ultimate T8 in June 2023 and all was well, with me regularly getting around 50 miles off the battery with the range prediction around 51-53 after full charge was completed, in frosty weather that prediction dropped to 48 miles sometimes 49 which is expected due to battery performance in cold weather. Then I discovered as the colder weather arrived that the high voltage auxillary battery wasn't working. The garage diagnosed a faulty unit and fitting a replacement. Now the battery when fully charged never exceeds a prediction of more than 41 miles irrespective of how I drive the car. The Volvo dealer says "oh well that is because it is predicting the range expected" if that is the case when I am not using the auxillary heater, heated seats or heated steering wheel I should get a greater than predicted range but not only do I not get 41 miles I get significanly less. My view is that irrespective of how the car has been driven it should always charge to its maximum range and display that and if I use a lot of electrical components plus drive on battery agressively then I should expect not to achieve the predicted range. Has anyone experienced this issue.
Oakman27 is offline   Reply With Quote