Thread: Nivomat
View Single Post
Old Jan 1st, 2024, 06:30   #3
37 RUBY
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by robv70rdesign View Post
Hi all
Last mot had "slight misting on rear shock/damper" mot now due beginning of Feb and wondering if I need to swap now or wait. Always been told replace shocks/dampers in pairs but £700 each😬... Any thoughts on just replacing the one, or just replacing the one with one from a breakers?
Also got a creaking noise from front end, swapped drop links and tie rods but no better, now thinking either top strut mounts or control arms. Any quick way to check?

Now wondering if its time to swap or fix and keep and then get a weekend car!!!

2011 v70 1.6d 1R Design 175k. Its my comuter car about 50miles a day mixed motorway and A roads.
Thanks
Re shocks - if money is tight then why not one good used unit with some form of warranty, say 30days, to allow a period of testing to prove your not faced with another leaking unit.

I had creak on my XC70...wasn't any of the suspension components. It was actually the headlight leveling sensor knuckle. Took me ages to locate the creak to this. The steel ball had corroded in the rubber sleeve. The sound was magnified through the control arm its attached to.
37 RUBY is offline   Reply With Quote