View Single Post
Old Dec 21st, 2023, 18:42   #2
ITSv40
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by acousticplayer View Post
Hello all. I have a 2004 V40 2litre sports model. I have a broken spring on the front so am planning to replace both front. They have been replaced before a few years ago by the local garage so cannot guarantee they are OEM in fact I suspect they are not. Looking on the net one site lists no less than 12 different front springs they say fit my car. Can anyone suggest how I choose? Because it is a SPORT model does this mean it has a SPORT or different suspension? I have tried to find the OEM part number but the on line catalogue also lists a number of options. Any help appreciated. Thank you.
The Sport designation has nothing to do with the suspension, it is purely a trim level. They came in 'Bog standard', Sport, SE, and Sport Lux and then there were various trim packages that could be added.

The best way to determine the suspension set up is to read the code on the VIN plate on the firewall under the bonnet. I think it is on the bottom line and will look something like 3AY2AZ. That will give you the full spec for the front strut, front spring, front antiroll bar, rear strut, rear spring and rear roll bar. There are various options for struts, springs and roll bars.

Last edited by ITSv40; Dec 21st, 2023 at 19:19.
ITSv40 is online now   Reply With Quote