View Single Post
Old Dec 19th, 2023, 17:29   #8
XJSDriver
XJS Driver

The ads I have just checked out suggest same design across MK1 so looking good; obviously wait for someone more knowledgable to respond or find a parts catalogue.

I now know why my 2013 R Design is whisper quiet on the motorway - separate subframe. Mine is as quiet as my mate's I-Pace In fact his has some wind noise at certain speeds so very happy with the XC90. Older Jag's have separate front and rear subframe - have an XJS which is also very quiet.

Good luck with the swap - will be a great opportunity to get under and rust proof everything while you are there.

BTW - once done you can be as smug as a Tesla driver as you are saving the planet by extending the life of an older vehicle. Of course not as clean when driving it but assuming you are not doing mega miles the pollution you are putting out is insignificant compared to the manufacture of a new car. I can understand stopping manufacture of certain cars but encouraging people to scrap an older car that is capable of many more years service is wrong, wrong, wrong. No doubt someone will shoot me down but I am fed up with people being encouraged to buy new - we need to get better at keeping stuff longer. Sorry - I will get off the soap box!

Last edited by XJSDriver; Dec 19th, 2023 at 17:37.
XJSDriver is offline   Reply With Quote