View Single Post
Old Dec 19th, 2023, 13:29   #9
Offgrid
Offgrid camper

Thanks for the helpful comments. It's raining today, so I'll have to get back on the job tomorrow. I'll have a look at the coil, and will keep the old one until I get the engine running again. I worked out what to do with the heater hoses, so those will be installed tomorrow. I've sorted a distributor, and I'm wondering if I should buy a seal kit and give the dizzy a birthday. The end of the coil ht lead was ripped off when the dizzy was stolen, and that is why I thought I would buy some new cables. I was going to rob the saloon, but it looks as if I can keep the saloon complete and driveable, so I want to do that. However, I make take it off the road and put it on a SORN for a while.

I need to check the front end of the Hoe before I put it in for an MOT. I towed it using an A-frame, and things were a bit wavy and hairy, so there may be a problem with the steering. I used the Convoy as the tow car, and in the past I've towed vehicles such as a Granada estate and a Fiat Scudo with no problems, so it should have coped with a 740 easily.
Save Old Cars
Offgrid is offline   Reply With Quote