View Single Post
Old Dec 16th, 2023, 23:18   #26
Roman28

Default D4 Engines Oil Consumption

Hi!

Just wanted to share my story of Volvo world.
I have been driving Volvo s80 for the last 13 years starting with the good old D5 163hp which I bought at 134k and drove it all the way to 285k. Not even a Clutch change or turbo or anything just steering rack once and 1 Turbo Pipe….
Changed carsh to Auto but still the D5 163hp and never any problems.

I moved on to the D5 185hp (newer shape) drove it to around 215k no problems at all… And then I made the mistake of Buying the s80 2014 D4 Auto. Thinking it would be much more echonomical but it was the biggest mistake…..
bought it at 100k and after 120k it started consuming oil. As other ppl have mentioned it started 1/2Littrre after every 1.5k or so and then it went to the point that every 500 miles had to topup 0.5 litre when it was around 140k milage on the clock
I had been to local mechanics changing litte things like
This sendor that sensor £300 here £450 there but car was the same…

I was fed up with all this and decided to take my car to the main dealer where after explaining all The problem the assured me the the car would be repaired for
Sure…. Anyway after 2-3 days they called me saying the car was all
Repaired as they haf to change the Inlet Manifold and few other bits and the bill was £1275.
Brought the car back and after 2 days I realised that the car was not only still
Consuming oil but actually started to get into Limp Mode and would have a lot of smoke 🤦*♂️. So I called the Main Dealer Volvo and they said they were expecting it to happen as a knock on effect from the repairs they fid so they needed to change another filter and that was another £380…
Brought the car back and didn’t even reach home before the car went into Limp mode again…. End of story is that I went to Main dealer again where I was told that it Might be time To sell/change the car as it was very high Milliage at only 143k so I was very disappointed but had no choice to change car so I part exchange it at Volvo again and Bought a 2014 D5 215hp Auto again from Volvo at 48k millage…I drove that all the way to about 200k with no problems at all untill I started to have some problems with the DPF regenerating all
The time hence MPG dropping dramatically…. I yook it to couple of local mechanics but they couldn’t understand the problem So I just sold it as spare repairs…..

So all this was enaugh yo say Good Bye 👋 to the Volvo World as the next option would be a S90 d4 or d5 where both are 2littre 4 cylinder engines so not as good and reliable as the Good old 5 Cylinders

4 months ago I’ve bought a 2017 w213 Merc E Class 220d with 60k millage on it….. Im happy with the car at the momemt but never feels as Confortable to drive as the Volvos or it could be just me keep comparing it to the Volvos but I have to say I miss the Volvos…..
So its a shame if all this issues are putting ppl off buying Volvos….
I hope this issues are resolve
Roman28 is offline   Reply With Quote