View Single Post
Old Dec 6th, 2023, 17:26   #454
Daim
Brit in Germany

Not today, but I sure have been busy!

Firstly, the rear wheel bearings were both making some nasty noises. So, I used the opportunity to replace the rear brakes (discs and pads). OEM SKF wheel bearings, ATE discs and Remsa pads. EPB was done the motor off-retract manually-motor on method. Easy peasy!

This was followed by the front axle, which actually was supposed to get new drive shaft boots (split close to the inner tie rods) and wheel bearings as a precaution as the right side brake was binding in the same spot, so before it was a warped hub, it should have been done - while I was at it, but as the lower ball joint didn't want to come undone (joint wouldn't budge), I assembled it all back together, installed new anti roll bar endlinks, new tie rod ends and brakes etc. - was nice knowing my 316 mm discs were the right type, as Volvo seems to have fitted different sizes with the D5... Being 17" rims, it could only be the 300 or 316 mm discs...

Again, discs are from ATE, pads from Remsa. Tie rod end and anti roll bar links are Lemförder. The wheel bearings were to be from SKF...

So, did all that, my steering wheel was on the ****. I called Volvo and asked if they would fit my parts, especially being OEM parts. Sure! And they included the required alignment and fitting of my new rims and tires (will have to wash my car yet before I can show them ) and did the boots and bearings. Was fun to test a new S60 for the day...

Anyhow, after all that, I wanted something inside to look nice. And the result: the automatic shifter looked tired. I wanted some bling and got myself the "chome and charcoal" version... And it turned out really nice!

2010 V70 (Type 135) D5 (D5244T10) Automatic (TF-80SC)
Daim is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Daim For This Useful Post: