View Single Post
Old Nov 27th, 2023, 11:29   #26
Laird Scooby
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foeux View Post

Neighbour Nigel also suggested 'the card trick'. Place brown cardboard in front of the row of injectors and study the mess they leave. As it was, the pot-rig was abundantly demonstrative as to what is happening.

What are the next steps? Crank sensor worth doing as a preventative or not yet?

Thanks for your sticking with me.

F
Forgot to answer these two points in my post ^^^^^

The pots to meaasure the amount of fuel is the "upgrade" of the card trick and gives you something you can measure - the benefits are obvious here!

The crank sensor is working at the moment or the injectors wouldn't fire, worth a visual inspection of the cable from the CPS to ensure it's in good condition, if not order a replacement (from ~£20 on fleabay) and fit it once the injector problem is resolved.

The two tabs on the fuel rail are just brackets, no electrical purpose but i think on the back end some cables terminated in a ring terminal bolt on, can't remember what they're for though. The injectors get a +ve feed from ignition through the RSR (Radio Suppression Relay) and they are switched on the -ve side by the ECU to fire them, it's full-group/batch-fire injection so all 4 fire at the same time so it's just one signal from the ECU to earth the injectors all together to fire them.

Next Door to Top-Gun with a Honda CR-V & S Type Jag Volvo gone but not forgotten........
Laird Scooby is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Laird Scooby For This Useful Post: