View Single Post
Old Nov 24th, 2023, 22:48   #2
myaquarium

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichieP View Post
Hi all

Sorry if it's been covered somewhere, I could only find a few bits.

Basically, if I press any of the buttons, ie dash, remote or on the boot itself, the boot pops open but doesn't lift. If I open it manually the button inside the boot doesn’t close it either, there's just a clicking sound.

I can't see any obstructions, I tried a reset I saw somewhere, holding down the button inside the boot for more than 3 seconds. No beeps though so maybe not for this model.

Any suggestions please? I thought maybe battery but it also doesn't work after a journey and with the engine running.
Had this problem after my struts were failing. It was a fuse found in the tailgate area. Not sure which one but was there. Ironically I took it to rybrook to diagnose failed struts and tailgate not opening. They confirmed struts were knackered and told me there was no signal from boot to central control after plugging in to computer. They quoted me an hours labour to check the loom as they were convinced it was a break in a wire.
Quick check in owners manual pointed me to fuse. Changed fuse hey presto all working. Bought new struts from eBay had them fitted 20 minute job and all ok now. Good luck hope it’s a fuse.
myaquarium is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to myaquarium For This Useful Post: