View Single Post
Old Nov 11th, 2023, 19:14   #635
TomSaintJames

Ah, interesting RE the fuel pump. I'm not getting any fuel at the fuel rail, the loom is from a 1995 940 which I believe had a single high pressure pump in the tank, I'm assuming the small 740 lift pump is not man enough to push fuel to the rail on its own or it is FUBAR - hence my need to check. But you are quite right Dave, slapping a freshly charged battery on is much easier as a first angle of attack. I couldn't confirm there was 12v at the pump because of a lack of assistant and a broken multimeter, I'll hopefully remedy both of those this week!

edit: I can't hear the pump running when there is almost 12V at the rear loom connector.

I did use a battery booster to crank the engine after I connected the remaining loom up - no fuel and no start. How do I know there's no fuel? The fuel rail connector is loose for this very purpose.

I plan to bypass the underfloor pump, this 940 loom has no wiring for it. I'll check the hose outer diameters when I can next work on it, thanks Dave.

Refurbished wiper motor sourced and delivered, the car is booked in Tuesday morning for a windscreen. Unfortunately the windscreen people can't supply the metal washers etc and I'm having a hard time finding any in this country. I've email 10 breakers and had no reply for a week so will have to resort to a round of phone calls on Monday including Lexus, how many hundreds for two small metal circles with rubber gaskets do we think!!
1991 Saab 900i 2.0 16v Convertible
2007 Lexus RX 400h SE

Last edited by TomSaintJames; Nov 11th, 2023 at 19:24.
TomSaintJames is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TomSaintJames For This Useful Post: