View Single Post
Old Nov 9th, 2023, 16:59   #1
John Halford

Default Fuel pressure regulator

I'm having reliability issues with my 1991 Torslanda (B200F - injection). Symptoms are: from start up everything is fine until I have driven half a mile. Then the engine dies. It doesn't cut out completely straight away, but lacks all power and it's impossible to keep the revs up. Then it dies.

If I wait ten minutes or so it will start but won't idle - I have to keep pumping the throttle. Eventually it seems to burst into life and I can drive away again.

A few days ago I replaced the under-car fuel filter. This has made no difference. This is my first Volvo with petrol injection and I have to confess that I don't know much about it. While on the phone to Brookhouse (ordering some unconnected parts) I asked if there was a second fuel filter but he didn't think so (not counting the one in the tank if it's still there). I asked about a metal cylinder about an inch and a half diameter and two inches long on top of the engine towards the front. This unit seems to have petrol coming in (from the under-car pump and filter?) and petrol coming out into the injector pipework. There also seems to be a small diameter (vacuum?) hose connecting to the intake manifold. What is this device? Could it have failed, and would that give the symptoms I have described?

To me, everything points to a fuel blockage of some sort.

I would be grateful for your thoughts.
John Halford is offline   Reply With Quote