View Single Post
Old Nov 8th, 2023, 14:49   #34
Steve 940
Premier Member

Hi Alan,

Work on the workshop extension is underway, just a tad less progressed than hoped, oil tank relocated, and ducted 25mm2 mains tails under our drive to where it will go in the new workshop fuseboard.

Unfortunately I’ve just finished couple weeks work replacing barge boards and capping on our house, couple of days work went to nearly 2 weeks as I had to replace roof membrane of around 5m2 where starlings had been having a party. Of course when I was up at gable apex, you got a great view of the roof condition in general, all ok, apart from one chimney pot where the cement flaunching around the base had cracked. Therefore I’ve now got scaffolder coming next week to do a wrap around scaffold, so I can remove the 6 pots, and rebed. Will end up also redoing the lead flashing skirt around the chimney to roof tiles.

Also I did sort of promise the better half I would replace a couple of house doors, as part of the sweetener to me getting the 145 a couple of weeks ago.

Did you have any joy in your property hunt in Lincolnshire??

Cheers
Steve

PS - one positive though, is that Moomoo keeps putting eBay temptations in my way for the parts chest, wiper motor was the last. I am not entirely not guilty on this front, as I seem to keep buying various books and magazines, Practical Classics Book on Auto Electrics dropped through the door today. Some 70’s 80’s Cars and Car Conversions magazines are great fun, until you look at the prices 😀😀

Last edited by Steve 940; Nov 8th, 2023 at 15:04.
Steve 940 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Steve 940 For This Useful Post: