Thread: V90 Stop/Start
View Single Post
Old Nov 1st, 2023, 19:09   #17
nu11eaf
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowhand99 View Post
My start stop very rarely works but I don’t have any fault messages.
What I do get, is the app telling me my car is unlocked when it isn’t. Usually in cold weather. Is this a sign of ailing battery(ies)? 5 year old V90 90k miles on original batteries.
Put your battery on charge overnight or longer if you can, use charge connections in engine bay, this usually get stop start working again, if it still only lasts a day or two you may need a new aux battery.

Car unlocked notification is not linked to this, it is normal to have "historic" unlocked notices in the app if you leave the car stopped but unlocked for periods during the day, maybe while parked and waiting for someone, I usually have 2 or 3 historic notifications on the app every Thursday after taking my wife shopping and waiting in supermarket car parks for her. Opening the app will remove them if car is locked when you do so.
I get the notifications on my phone while waiting in my car, I just silence them and usually go on the app later to remove them. All normal and not a fault.
XC90 Inscription D5 Power pulse, 2017 MY, Savile grey, Blond Nappa, Leather dash/door tops, Walnut inlays, Dark tinted windows, Air suspension, Bliss/Cross traffic alert, Xenium/7 seat comfort/Family/Winter packs, 4 zone climate, Heated rear seats.
nu11eaf is offline   Reply With Quote