View Single Post
Old Oct 17th, 2023, 13:27   #54
Martybassman

Ive just encountered the 12v battery critical charge error on my XC40 21plate. Had it 3 month with no problems then suddenly displayed 12v battery critical charge error and went into limp mode with what seemed like a variable speed limit between 10 and 30mph max. Pulled over and error disappeared immediately on restart and I got the 5 miles back home ok. Called Volvo assist and he did basic checks and advised I follow him to The Volvo dealer where I purchased the car so they could do a more thorough investigation. The Volvo assist tech had seen this fault many times!! Report back from dealer said battery capacity was down at 46% and the problem was that I had not been doing enough miles despite my calculation id covered 200 miles in 4 seperate journeys the previous week!!! I was pretty speechless at that explaination and asked if there was anything in the owner/user manual that warned or specified minimum milages etc. There isnt basically. This could have quite easily happened on the smart motorway that Id just left. As I am now very apprehensive about using the car on the motorway I am considering reporting this to the DVSA as a serious defect, anybody gone down this route in the past?. Looking at this forum its happened to many people with no certain resolution from Volvo.
Martybassman is offline   Reply With Quote