View Single Post
Old Oct 16th, 2023, 08:07   #12
Luxobarge
Premier Member

You're welcome, I've had a lot of trouble over the past couple of years with intermittent ABS light on mine, which I THINK I've just fixed by replacing both ABS reluctor rings. My fault was intermittent though, sometimes it would do several journeys without fault..

OK, so the speedo is driven by the front left ABS sensor, so with no speedo this is a huge indicator as to where the problem is, it appears to be not getting a pulse from that sensor. In the absence of codes to confirm it, I'd say that's where your fault is. Personally I'd leave well alone at the module end, and have a look at the front left sensor, start by cleaning it and checking the reluctor ring very carefully (I'd recommend a bright light and magnifying glass) or possibly replacing that sensor to see if it cures the problem. It's still possible that the fault is at the module, but less likely.....

It's a shame you can't see the codes, there WILL be one there.

By the way, when you have an ABS light on, it's there because of a detected fault obviously, and will stay on for as long as the fault is there. However, if you fix the fault, or the faault disappears for some reason it will still show the fault light until the ABS has done a successful self test. This includes the car needing to be driven at above 15 mph, so you will always have the light stay on until you've exceeded 15mph, at which point if the module hasn't detected a fault it will put the light out.

Last edited by Luxobarge; Oct 16th, 2023 at 08:11.
Luxobarge is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Luxobarge For This Useful Post: