View Single Post
Old Sep 30th, 2023, 09:48   #24
Dolphin10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yelper85 View Post
Car is booked in for Thursday 5th October at the same Volvo dealer. Apparently this time they are going to hook it up to the computer, fill it up at the petrol station and see what happens as well as what the computer says.

As to what, if any sensors are in the fuel pipe, I don't know, and are they purely measurement or are they control devices? If measuring level and pressure, fine, but they doesn't stop the flow unless there's a solenoid that closes to then force the fuel pump nozzle to stop breathing and thus cut off.

I also asked if the first flap/mechanism you see when you open the filling flap gets replaced, and apparently it doesn't, so I've asked the question of what's inside that first flap and could that somehow let the nozzle breathe even if the main flap further down (the one that was replaced) is working correctly.
Good Luck. Mine went to the dealer for its annual service so I mentioned this and a couple of other issues to investigate and guess what? Yep...."No Fault Found" they said and were at pains to explain to me that with the new double flap system on SPA cars what I describe was very unlikely or it was the forecourt pump (three different ones ) at fault...."but if it does it again, be sure to bring it back in they said".....I feel very reassured that it wont happen again....not! I just dont fill it up to the top any more.