View Single Post
Old Sep 29th, 2023, 11:30   #38
ruralscot

Default Clutch issues

Along the same lines but not.

I recently bought a 60k miles T3 Manual R-Design from local Volvo dealer and it had the Selekt Warranty. Yes higher mileage but it was all that available at the time I was looking to buy and was on budget. Has nearly all the packs on apart from 360 cameras. Pilot Assist, Carp Play, Heated seats and wheel etc etc.

Had it a week and the clutch pedal was sticking with a an odd sensation through the accelerator pedal. Resistance from pedal disappeared and you could see the clutch pedal drop??

Back in and left with them whilst I had a courtesy car. Clutch and Slave Cylinder swapped out. Felt fine for a few days, then the same thing. Back in again

Master Cylinder swapped out...few days later, same issue and back in again.

Left with them this week whilst I have one of their courtesy cars. I mentioned to them about crankshaft and thrust bearing. They take it in and are now awaiting a Volvo Selekt Engineer to come out as they have detected that it could be the bearing after all.

Looks like I'll have an another couple of weeks in the courtesy until it's sorted, but at this point I am considering rejecting the car as I've lost all faith in the manual T3. Should have stuck to my guns and bought an Auto T4/T5 Phev.

Will see what happens in the coming weeks.