View Single Post
Old Sep 27th, 2023, 21:47   #21
piorunz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yelper85 View Post
So, bit of an update.

Had the filler neck replaced today which is a full day job as the entire tank is dropped out underneath the car. Volvo assured me this will have fixed the problem (I think you see where this is going)

Filled up at a station I've never used before to rule out that factor, and guess what, the petrol fountain once again decided to put on a little show for me covering the car, floor, and me, in petrol. Not impressed. Annoyingly I didn't think to take a video, although I don't know if the forecourt attendant may have said something if I was stood next to the car with my phone out.

Ringing Volvo tomorrow to give them the good news and ask where we go from here, although what else it could be I don't know. What I am curious about is if the filler neck includes the top flap mechanism where the nozzle first goes it. The rubber drain plug as been replaced and the new one is white and not black, so maybe the filler neck is one complete item, but if so, why is it still doing it?

I'll keep you posted!
Thanks for private message. That's very disappointing. Mine is booked in early October, will also let you know how it went.
Please write again what they said when you call again!