View Single Post
Old Sep 15th, 2023, 20:32   #46
Petey80
Premier Member

Default Rear Bumper Fix

So, I fired off an e-mail to the company that did my rear bumper and they called me on Thursday morning as soon as they'd received it.

Could not have been more apologetic about the concerns I had over the work that had been done and said the painter would be out to my house that afternoon to fix the issue. Stated it would be between 1pm and 2pm and he turned up about 1:30pm.

I highlighted a couple of the issues on the bumper itself, but he actually saw most of them himself as the car was parked backwards on the driveway, in direct sunlight to help highlight the issues.
What he didn't realise and was quite gutted/surprised at, was the overspray I highlighted on the underside of the valance.

He checked that out, then said "I'll give you a shout in about 30mins". I begrudgingly went back in the house (but luckily I have a fantastic security camera).

I proceeded to watch him clean up the valance and then bring out a DA or rotary polisher and correct the bumper.
His application of the polish was something to be desired as he just squeezed it straight out onto the car, rather than applying it to the polishing pad.

He spent a good 30minutes working on the bumper, then hit the doorbell.

I went out and the bumper was loads better and much more satisfactory.

The orange peel, dull spot and overspray had all been sorted.

The bumper at last looked as it should have the first time. No excuse, but it turns out he had 2 jobs on at the same time, which I thought would've been the case, so he obviously couldn't do 100% on both jobs.
At least they came out straight away and sorted it.

There's the bumper all done and dusted. I do actually like the brighter silver strip on the lower valance. They got lucky there.

Thread V40 T2 R-Design - https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showt...56#post2901756
Thread V50 D2 R-Design - https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=264890 - CRASHED
Petey80 is offline   Reply With Quote