View Single Post
Old Aug 19th, 2023, 16:57   #4
john.wigley
VOC Member since 1986

Agree on the 'letterbox' type door handles, '142 Guy', but 'almex's car also has the earlier dash with the strip speedo', predating the 240 style instruments fitted to later cars.

I think 1972 must have been a year of transition. Our 145E and 144DL, both registered on 1/4/72, were each fitted with a strip speedo', while both of our 145DLs, registered on 1/11/72 and 1/2/73 respectively, had the later 240 style dashboard.

There were other differences too; for example, only the later 145DL had inertia front seatbelts from the factory, with all of the earlier cars being equipped with static belts - but only in the front. None of our cars were fitted with rear seat belts, which did not become a legal requirement in the UK until the mid '80s. I note that 'almex's car is fitted with inertia belts with rigid stalks.

I feel much of the detail spec would vary with the intended market, as I don't think that we in the UK were as advanced in our thinking at that time as those in the Americas and elsewhere in matters concerning safety and the environment.

Whatever it's year or specification, 'almex' has a very fine motor car of which he may be justifiably proud.

Regards, John.