View Single Post
Old Aug 8th, 2023, 14:35   #1
driver219
Neville

Red face V90 Phantom Diagnosis??

I write this as a V90 T6 2018 owner, but aware that the below could easily apply to any Volvo estate which uses a CAN bus system. These last two months an intermittent error has been appearing twixt the rev counter & speedo dials: ‘malfunction of rear position lights’. By ‘intermittent’ I mean sometimes everything is ok, the RP lights are functioning; when the error is present the near-side RP LED is out both on the NS post and the tail-gate. Just as the car was approaching its annual service, the error seemed to disappear only to be replaced by a SINGLE error message saying ‘malfunction of the direction indication system’. On completely switching off, and restarting this error has not appeared since. At the annual service I am advised that there are errors present concerning failure of the NS post RP lights, and the replacement cost would be £610!! Somewhere in my tiny brain I asked myself what’s common to these two errors, real or imaginary?? One option would be the power supply. Because I notice that the Engine Start/Stop function is operating less frequently I ask the technician at the annual service to check the Battery System health. Approx 75% capacity is the response. They charge the battery and everything is perfect!! Since then I have acquired a ‘smart battery charger’ and completely re-conditioned the Battery System. Everything is perfect!! Any comments??
driver219 is offline   Reply With Quote