View Single Post
Old Aug 1st, 2023, 18:46   #28
samaron

Had a look at it today. The nuts came off with one finger on the wrench. Hopefully that is a sign that I haven't overtightened any of them.

The gasket is dirty in areas that is supposed to be the sealing surface. Doubt it would help to tighten it further like that. Attatched a couple of pictures of the gasket. The side with the text is the bottom.

Took off the studs on the manifold and tried to inspect for any warping. Couldn't find anything of concern there. The flange on the carburetor had a tiny air gap in the middle. Had a local, more experienced person, look at it. He insisted it shouldn't be an issue and within reason of what the gasket should compensate for.

Reinstalled everything with a new gasket. Started it up, got it up to operating temperature and performed new adjustments to the idle mixture and speed. I were able to bring it down to proper idle speed, but double checking by spraying brake cleaner on the flange, I stalled the engine again. It is better, but still got a vacuum leak.

A bit disappointing. Looks like I have to buy some 1200 or so sandpaper and grind it down.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20230801_193011.jpg (140.5 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg 20230801_192937.jpg (135.4 KB, 6 views)