View Single Post
Old Jul 15th, 2023, 10:34   #6
john.wigley
VOC Member since 1986

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevendefenderpric View Post
Hello

We're looking for an estate Volvo. Ideally a late 80s or early 90.

We're based in west Somerset but can travel for the right car.

Thank you

Steven
Unless you particularly want the RWD characteristics of the 7 and 9 series cars, Steven, may I suggest that you might also consider adding an early V70 to your list.

When our long-term ownership 745 finally died of terminal corrosion in 2016, we looked in vain for a suitable replacement. We eventually settled on a late P1 (2000 'V' reg) that was tucked away in the corner of the dealer's forecourt. Long story short; we bought it 'as seen' with 118K up for £550. We have it still, now with 135K up, Apart from routine maintenance and MOTs, all it has required is attention to the brakes and tyres.

A very worthy car; almost, but not quite, as commodious as the 7 and 9 series and well within your budget. They are FWD of course, and after the RWD cars, the steering lock is enormous! Mine even came with the integrated kiddie seat in the centre of the rear seat, as well as the rear facing child seats in the boot, neither of which I have a use for, but which could be useful to you with your new addition.

Being newer, there are probably still more around to choose from, too!

Regards, John.