View Single Post
Old Jun 21st, 2023, 23:08   #4
Petey80
Premier Member

Default Visit to Ray Chapman Volvo @ York

Today I took Blue to Ray Chapman Volvo @ York.

This dealership comes highly recommended to me by a couple of friends that have used them since 2009.

Prior to my appointment, I popped into my local Stoneacre Volvo dealership to collect a Car Configuration print out for Blue as i wanted to see exactly what she had.
I enquired about their records on the car and when the last time she was at a Volvo dealer..... 2019.
I then asked about the possibility of getting the software checked and updated where necessary. They said that alone would be £100. I then mentioned it is incorporated into a service, yes, £330 for a standard service and £530 for a major service.... WOWZERS!!!

Thanked the nice lady for her time and the print-out and went on my merry way.

Contacted my friend about Ray Chapman's, got a few peoples names and gave them a ring.

Nothing was an issue when speaking to the lady over the phone. Free Health Check offered and when I asked about the software thing, she went off and spoke to a technician, came back and said, yes we can look at that for you and do any necessary updates. How much I asked, that would be free as well. WOW!

Booked her in for today at 10am and arrived nice and early.

Very nice dealership and dead easy to get too. They had some lovely cars in their selection.

I also filled the car to the brim before I set off and reset the trip computer, average speed, average mpg, everything I could and this is what I got when I got there

Not too shabby for a 2.0 Turbo petrol. I did drive her down nice and easy though, as I wanted to see what she was capable of. Stuck to 65mph as much as I could and when I was in built up areas, changed gears as indicated and left the Stop/Start on.

Got there for about 9:30am and the car was ready about 11:00am I think it was.

Health Check Report as below;

Nothing surprising came up. Rear tyre wear, front discs in need of changing when the current pads get low. Pretty sure they'll be the factory originals as there's no receipt for discs, only pads.

The brake fluid had a high moisture level and I was advised to get that changed. Asked how much it was and they said it would be £60.00 which I felt wasn't too bad for a dealer job.
No hard sell for it or push to get it done, which I was happy about. Just given the price and asked to call in/up if I wanted it booked in for it.

With regards to the software, little note on the check to say that's all up to date. Happy chappy.

So, overall I'm very happy so far with Ray Chapman Volvo @ York.

Very helpful staff and did everything that I asked. Parts guy came out to see me with a parts list for a general service (should have asked for his printout), asked for sparkies, came back in a couple of minutes with a full set.
The service girl was really nice, polite and happy to answer any questions I had and didn't mind putting a couple of extra things on the Health Check for them to take a look at.

Also asked about my A/C and the possibility of it needing regassing. That was checked as part of the health check and was blowing 5.1 degrees, so no issues there.

I will no doubt be calling them back up in the near future for a full brake fluid change and see how they get on with that.

Little bits at a time with dealerships I find is the best practice.

Had a lovely drive back home and again checked the trip computer and had these results

10 mile difference overall to the remainder of the tank and it used 1 notch on the display.

An average of just over 50mpg for this car/engine I feel is pretty good. Granted I was driving her very conservatively, but I was trying too, just to see what it was capable of.

Thread V40 T2 R-Design - https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showt...56#post2901756
Thread V50 D2 R-Design - https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=264890 - CRASHED
Petey80 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Petey80 For This Useful Post: