Old Jun 21st, 2023, 15:21   #2
Petey80
Premier Member

Default Little Additions & Service Parts

Before even picking the car up, I ordered a number of bits for her;

A flush sitting USB cig port charger

A set of 3rd party rubber floor mats

With fully installed clips and a little lip round the outside edge

I got one of these for the V50, but after the crash I was unable to successfully remove it, so bought another one

CARMOUNT phone holder. It sticks to the dash/centre console and is magnetic. You stick a thin magnetic strip to your phone case and stick it on.
Really good bit of kit with full tilt and 360' movement/angle adjustment.

Wiper blades and Swedish flag stickers/badges

Really good quality for just a few quid.

Those with some stickers I already had in my posession

The Volvo badge was going to go on the front grille, but it isn't that style. May sell that on, not sure?
The Moose badges that usually go on the front wings I'm unsure about whether or not I want to put them on....???? Still under consideration.

The little Swedish flag badges went straight on though

Located them on the back doors.

The buying didn't stop there. Next up was a new panel filter to help her breath a bit better. I went with a Pipercross panel filter

Shortly after getting the car, I installed the filter

The size difference is crazy, pretty much half as thick

All installed and everything was then put back together

The next purchase was a set of wind deflectors

I usually go for HEKO, but these iSPEED ones were recommended, so thought I'd give them a shot

Came with fitting instructions and 8 clips

Installed those on Monday just gone as I knew I wasn't driving the car until Wednesday and it was advised not to open the windows for 24 hours plus

I know wind deflectors aren't to everyones taste, but I do like them. Give the car a nice look and are actually practical with regards to stopping rain coming in if you have window open and decrease wind noise and wind in the side of your head when you have the window open.

They were fairly close to the wing mirrors when the car is locked and they fold in

Thankfully the mirrors just touch the deflector, there's no pressure on them.

The most important things were also purchased;

Service parts - Oil and Oil Filter

5.9 litres the T2 engine takes!!!??? Quite a step up from the D2 V50 that took just under 4 litres.

I was at a Volvo Dealership today and purchased a set of spark plugs whilst they were giving Blue a look over (Health Check and Software Update/Check).

A bit pricey, obviously coming from a dealership, but atleast I know I have the correct ones and don't need to faff around searching for them.

I'll post a bit later about my visit to the dealership and my experiences with them.

The police took the key I had on me when the V50 was crashed, so I lost the key rings that were on that one..... Luckily I had a second key so those key rings were transferred to the new V40 fob

I have a new key ring in the post to me for the 2nd fob.

Oh, 1 last thing. I got one of those little sticky/rubber swedish flags that I think Swedish Boost Mafia created for Father's Day, so that was put on as well

Nice little touch I think. Like a little wash tab for the car.

That's it for now. I do have a few other things in the post so will update the thread with more pictures when they arrive.

Thread V40 T2 R-Design - https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showt...56#post2901756
Thread V50 D2 R-Design - https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=264890 - CRASHED
Petey80 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Petey80 For This Useful Post: