Thread: Steering: - Scary XC60 Polestar
View Single Post
Old May 30th, 2023, 10:51   #23
kiwitrader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cull06 View Post
They are fine. I had the oem pirelli for the same price as the likes of the other upper-mids like Goodyear etc.

Michies were dearer but honestly the Pirelli’s have been fine over the last two years.

The amount of torque steer on this thing I have no doubt that the tyre choice has limited relevance.

I suspect it’s to do with the imbalance between the ice/supercharger/turbo putting 330bhp through the front whilst the electric is trying to put 80 through the rear (numbers all approx) and the car struggles to do that without the frankly huge torque steer.

Embrace it and enjoy it 👍
Yes I just purchased a very tidy 2011 XC60 T6 ..that I got tuned adding 20% more torque and yes the first time doing 100km/h I put the foot to the floor I just about hit the car I was passing purely as I wasn't expecting such torque steer but as you say and is known the Volvo AWD system put most of the power to the front wheels .. within the drive home I did get use to it...had my fair share of powerful rides over the years ... I'm looking at fitting 19x8.5 40ET wheels with 265/50 tyres ...will increase the overall track 50mm ...adding stiffer springs would also claim the movement down one would think
kiwitrader is offline   Reply With Quote