Thread: New 142
View Single Post
Old Apr 17th, 2023, 00:21   #187
Laird Scooby
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve 940 View Post
I think this might apply to many items, same product just painted in each 'makers' colours.

Cheers
Steve
You're not wrong Steve, my tyre changer machine (unbranded) in red is the same as the Sealey TC960 if memory serves. Mine was ~£40, the Sealey is ~£180. In the USA, the Harbor Freight Tyre Changer is the same animal but in blue (or red sometimes), here draper sell a blue one but can't remember the price - they are all the same though, just the colour and brand have changed.

An automatic welding helmet i bought from Amazon about 8 years ago for £29.99 delivered was exactly the same as one i saw for sale in a motor factors in Bury St Edmunds a week or so later with Sealey stickers (yes, stickers!) on the same box with the same helmet for £72.99!

These are just two examples of the many "cross-branded" items i either own or have seen.

These days i find the tool i want then hunt for one with an identical spec but unbranded for a much cheaper price that also looks the same, even if the colour is different.

Next Door to Top-Gun with a Honda CR-V & S Type Jag Volvo gone but not forgotten........
Laird Scooby is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Laird Scooby For This Useful Post: