Thread: New Purchase.
View Single Post
Old Mar 23rd, 2023, 22:18   #42
Clark
850R+240GLT = Happiness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonto77 View Post
Hi Clark, below is a list of what I’m planning at classic swede. Classic Swede is very well known in the Volvo world in the UK. They are based in Wales. They will source and fit all the parts. Second hand engine and gearbox then tweak from there. They also do the chipped ECU’s to make it all work. Should be circa 300hp for now. I don’t particularly have the time to tinker with it myself to do so opted to pay the price of getting something to just drive and enjoy. When I bought it in December it needed nothing and was a really good base car. Estimate for the full works maybe around 8k. There’s a lot of aftermarket upgraded parts though which is driving the cost up a little more.

Volvo 940 Red block turbo conversion
New engine mounts
Check bores and rebuild head.
Manifold and exhaust
M90 manual gearbox
Possibly an uprated clutch
Ecu’s and chips
Coilovers
Poly bush kit
Upgraded intake plenum
Larger throttle body
Upgraded fuel pressure regulator
Upgraded fuel rail
Open air intake
Upgraded intercooler and hard pipe kit
Larger injectors
Upgraded aluminium radiator
Quaife diff
52mm Boost gauge under clock
New headlights. Swap the bulbs over.
What an immense list! I guess you've saved a little doing some of the suspension and seat installation work yourself. How long will it take them to do all that list for you? I guess there will always be additional stuff that is needed during the work which may take more time and cost more. Fair play for getting it all done in one lump. I wonder if someone could get it done in chunks over a few years to manage the bank balance better?
Clark is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Clark For This Useful Post: