View Single Post
Old Mar 1st, 2023, 19:37   #9
sasdiscos

Quote:
Originally Posted by exmpa View Post
I purchased my XC40 “off the showroom floor”. It was just after the first lockdown and they clearly had a lot of metal to move so the price was very keen. I didn’t look in any detail at the specification as I was confident the trim level would be adequate for my needs. The car had some features I hadn’t expected; powered tailgate - wouldn’t be without it now: cornering fog lights - nice but could live without them again; and was missing a couple of items I assumed would be fitted.

There was no rear view camera which I judge as highly desirable if not essential, but I negotiated with the dealer to get one fitted. I had assumed it would have adaptive cruise control but it didn’t. However my useage pattern has changed and I really don’t miss it. I now tend to use the speed limiter most of the time and rarely use cruise control.

Whilst I can appreciate the irritation of not getting what you ordered, is it really a deal breaker? You do have the option of accepting the £700 or negotiating for another accessory.

exmpa
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyD View Post
About a year ago I ordered a new XC40 Recharge model (i.e. full electric) from a local dealer. The car is now ready for collection.

At the time the dealer had a great offer on with a free upgrade to the next spec model so we ended up ordering the ultimate spec. over the plus version. Also we were offered regular finance so avoiding either paying in full or going for their subscription model. This was at a great interest rate also 6.6% APR, so better that what you would get today.

Sounds great, the car was originally slated to come in October last year but was pushed out several times until it finally arrived today.

Now the downside, most of the car is as per spec., but two critical items are not:

1) headlight downgraded from pixel led to led
2) foglights downgraded to the basic non-cornering version

The dealer has said the price is capped at a £700 reduction by Volvo.

We asked of they could be retrofitted, but apparently not as the pixel lights require a specific fitment that is only added when the car is manufactured so it’s basically take it or leave it.

Apparently the dealer says that pixel lights will no longer be offered with the XC40 although they are available on the C40. The cornering fog-lights also are not available. I’ve checked and the volvo web site still shows the car with both of these features.

We are going to the dealer tomorrow to look the car over and decide if we still want it or not. Frankly we will probably take it as there are still a lot of free add-ons due to the original deal but it will leave a bad taste in the mouth. I’m also guessing that the dealer will have a bunch of people also waiting who would be glad to have the car.

I’m curious to what others here think, how much difference is there really and what would you do in this situation? Also do you think we have been fed a lie or else subject so some kind of bait and switch tactics to maximise profit or minimise cost to volvo?

Finally - its also a case of buyer beware in case you end up in the same situation.
What is the difference between pixel led and non pixel led may I ask?

Would my 2018 xc90 have pixel? I know it has adaptive active bending and fixed fog light cornering but can’t find anything about pixel led.

Point being it f it isn’t as I suspect it is still brilliant. And the cornering dogs only work below 25mph anyway.

Steve.
sasdiscos is offline   Reply With Quote