View Single Post
Old Feb 22nd, 2023, 10:19   #5
dikidera

For now the project is underway. The only crucial element left is the wiring harness loom from a 2.5T2 or 2.4T5, since they are identical.

The bifuel fuel pump has no PEM module, and the pump itself may not be the same, but I think this is a very small issue to correct.

I have nothing to lose, as with many people with these engines, I blew a headgasket, which blew my radiator.
From there the head would have needed machining, but so would the block.
I have heard many horror stories of bifuel blocks having the headgaskets pressed into them. The explanation was that LPG and CNG burn hotter, which in turns makes the blocks more malleable, causing the headgasket to sink in the block or something like that.

I have almost finished with taking the engine apart, but I am rather worried about disconnecting the CNG lines, I am hoping that the valves on the CNG tank are closed and I would not have leaks. The tank is almost empty, but not quite.

As for everyone being worried about the software side and modules, the CEM 2005+ is modular, it is equipped to handle all possible engine configurations with a configuration change.

Last edited by dikidera; Feb 22nd, 2023 at 10:25.
dikidera is offline   Reply With Quote